Monday, May 10, 2010

Tribute to Lisa (My Sister) Miss You! Alaska

Today I pay tribute to my baby sister, Lisa. May 11th was her birthday. 15 years ago a tragic car accident took her away from us, her husband, and her 4 little boys. I can still remember that horrible day, March 22nd, certain memories just don't seem to disappear. So many times I wished I could pick up the telephone and hear her sweet voice. Of course, that wasn't to be. The past 15 years haven't been easy. And as you all know, life moves on. I have felt her near me when I just didn't think I could press forward sometimes. I have felt her strength; and I have felt her love.

My pictures of my sister are not digital images, just snap shots. Because of that, I have only posted one, one of my favorite. Today on her birthday, I pay tribute to her posterity, Rex, Sam, Andy and Ty. They were her absolute joy in life for she loved being a MOM. Her boys have grown into great young men and I see a little of her, in each one of them.

I would like to say thank you, to all of you, who wrote memory letters of Lisa to her boys, for those things you told them are now memories they have too. I received many, 113 to be exact. I learned things about her too, thank you.

This first picture was taken as her first missionary returned home from Argentina, of course he is hugging his favorite aunt! Rex returned, August, 2009.


I told them to look cool, what do you think?

They tried to spin for me then pose. See what happened.

Ok, then we tried jumping, you know how boys, like to jump!


We tried to copy the statue!

Sam is now in North Carolina, Missionary No. 2.
Well this one is mine, yes he is posing for mom taking a shot of the BROKEN NOSE from the night before, see what happens when you think you're a gymnast!!!
Happy Birthday Lisa, miss you ever so much.


1 comments:

DeAnn said...

We watched old home videos of Lisa last night on her b-day.It was good to hear her voice and feel her love for her little boys. I look forward to the day I can thank her for letting me care for them for awhile. They are special boys and I can feel her influence in there lives. Thank you, Kaelene, for this beautiful tribute!